My Why

As a parent, I feel fortunate that my daughter felt safe sharing her same-sex relationship with me. This personal experience has deepened my understanding and commitment to supporting the LGBTQ+ community. It breaks my heart that the world we are in now may not be safe for her. My fight is for her. It’s personal.

 

Sadly, the LGBTQ+ community continues to face discrimination, marginalization, and denial of rights, especially in my home state of Texas. The state has passed or attempted to pass discriminatory legislation, such as the "Don't Say Gay" bill, and enacted policies targeting transgender individuals, including preventing access to hormone therapy.

 

Supporting LGBTQ+ rights is about ensuring all people, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity, are treated with dignity and afforded the same fundamental freedoms. This includes the rights to live freely without persecution, have their relationships recognized, access healthcare without discrimination, and participate fully in society.

 

This is why I will be voting in the upcoming elections. I urge everyone to join me in making their voice heard at the ballot box to support equality and freedom of thought and expression. By voting blue, we can make history and move our society forward, rather than allowing it to regress into further discrimination.

The fight for LGBTQ+ rights is far from over, but by exercising our civic duty and voting for candidates and policies that uphold the dignity and equality of all people, we can work towards a more just, equitable, and inclusive future.

Thank you for reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AnthAkshari Time

Seven Human Errors

The Assamese Nepal Trip 2019